Monday, March 8, 2010

Better late than never

So we are supposed to keep a journal...writting in a notebook has never been my thing. I am horrible at writting things down. I keep everything in my head...
So I thought maybe if I were to create this silly little blog I would be able to keep better track at what I am learning. I am on the computer so much as it is. I can refrence the things I learn in class by posting pics, links etc. This process of "Journaling" suits me better than paper and pen. So here I am doing the blog thing...

I started Yoga Teacher Training with Dana Baptiste in February. My main reason for taking this on was to gain a deeper understanding of Yoga. I have been practicing Ayurveda for several years as a part of my massage profession. Adding Yoga to my repitoire seems a natural progression.
What I hope to accomplish: A personal pratice and the tools to educate others. So far, so good.
I really want to complete the Resonate program. I want to be a Yoga Therapist. Helping people not only through injuries, but through emotional healing as well.

I was inspired to become a Yoga teacher at a retreat I attended in January. An early morning Yoga class with Demi Langford changed my life. During a 5 minute deep hip opener Kapotasana (pigeon), I was moved to tears. It wasn't the intensitiy of the stretch that got to me, but the compassionate way Demi placed her hands on my back to deepen my asana. The tears began to flow and I felt like a flower unfurling. In that moment I knew I needed to bring this awareness to others. It was like magic...so here I am. On the road to Samhadi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Followers