Friday, March 19, 2010

Things that make ya go Om

It has been a very busy week...in which I am so greatful. To be doing what I love and sharing old and new knowledge with others means so much to me. This week I have managed to include yoga into every session at work. From pranayama (breathing) techniques, to actual asana (posture/pose). Simple suggestions are so beneficial. My work as a massage therapist has changed so much over the years. I am now seeing that instead of just providing out of body experiences for my clients- I am hoping to take them into the body, to bring about awareness.

My own awareness has been heightend this week. With so much of my time and attention being focused on my work and teacher training, I am losing connection with my family and home life. My husband and I are both working so hard at our own individual goals that "family" time is few and far between. Of course we both need to make a living, but trying to find that balance between work and home has been a challenge. We are both at the point in our lives that we have to make appointments just to see eachother....and both our books are full.

I am struggling to bring my practice home. I am hoping my shift in awareness can led me to new and creative ways to share my  love of yoga with my family.
 I am not expecting to wake the everyone at the butt crack of dawn for meditation, but a lil   family yoga time might do us all good...


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Followers