Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Push it real good

Another fantastical yoga weekend. Friday night started out with a in depth look at pranayama. I think people have a tendancy of taking breathing for granted. Because it is an involuntary action we don't think about it very much. During our core class Dana spent a lot of time guiding us through our breath. Inhale and open up the back side of the body, exhale and contract all those beautiful muscles towwards the center of the body. What a difference it made in my ability to go deeper into asana. There are so many benefits to controlled breath. When we take  a few minutes from our hectic daily lives and just sit with our breath magic happens.
Stress seems to just melt away. Nerves are soothed and all that rich oxygenated blood gives you a natural high so beautiful  you just want to smile...Peace. Love. Breath.
I have noticed I am moving my body differently since the 2 core classes I took on saturday and sunday. I am also noticing my breath is creating the momentum for each movement as well. I am more aware of being in my body than ever before and I am so greatful for that.

My solar plexus wants to thank Dana, Sheldon, Carrie and Jeff for all the gut loving knowledge they shared with us. I am riding high on inspiration. Namaste!
Chakra Three: Manipura


Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition
This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Followers