Friday, March 12, 2010

Get outta your head and into your body...

I don't even know where to begin. I came home from a very long day of yoga workshops. I started with Psychology of Yoga taught by John Cottrell. It was an intimate setting. Small class of people who like me, wanted to dive deeper into the human condition and learn how yoga can be a tool for healing even the deepest wounds. We were assigned into pairs and given a scenario in which one student is the yoga teacher (or therapist) and the other is their clent. It was so beautiful watch ing my fellow yogini's guiding there peers into asanas that would help them to cope with the maladies of life. In my scenario I was the client. Which was very personal for me since I am usually the one guiding people on the journey to freedom from pain (both psychological or physiologcal). I was guided by my partner into pigeon. Not my favorite asana. It has been known to send me into an emotional release in the past and this time around was no different. I lost te character I was playing and stepped into my real issues. I broke free and had a beautiful release. My class got to see my vunerability. This expereince further confirmend for me that I want to become a Yoga Therapist.

Next on the list was Yoga Nidra and Meditation. Dana Baptiste led this class. I have experienced different forms of Yoga Nidra and Dana did an amazing job leading us deep into our bodies. I must admit I did enter a pretty deep hypnogogic state. What happend to me during this sleep/wake state is similar to an expereince I had on accident many years ago. My whole body was being moved across a rainbow lotus...I could feel everything....and i am not just talking within myself. It was to say the least, "trippy".

Dana also shared with us a Kriya meditation technique. I love to meditate and this was a beautiful meditation. At one point I believe the whole class was slurping eachothers prana. The energy in the room was like a heavy blanket. Warm and protective....it was beautiful.

I drove home in silence and deep contemplation. I realize that I am exactly where I need to be in life...on the road to Samadhi...

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow, Lindsay. This is the first entry on your blog I've read and I'm blown away. Sounds like you had a very blessed day! What a wonderful journey we're on!

Post a Comment


Followers